About Me

My photo
This is my 2nd semester at George Mason, I am a seinor and graduate in Fall '08. I have been back in VA for 2 1/2 yrs and now live in Manassas, before that I lived and went to school in Seattle, Washignton for 2 yrs. I am originally from Haymarket, VA. After I graduate hopefully I will be outta here again! :)

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Map Typography Examples

DOWNTOWN SEATTLE TOURIST MAP

I picked this map because it has a few different fonts on it, and it has examples of the text flowing with the feature it is identifying, such as the text Lake Washington Ship Canal (on the left lower corner).


FUN SEATTLE AREA MAP

I picked this map because it is fun, and because it has some no-no's on it. For example, the text for Lake Union (in the center of the map) is not totally in the water, and the text for Madison Park overlaps the water and land.


DC METRO MAP

I picked this map because it is familiar to most people who live in the DC area, and it also shows good examples of typography. The font is clear, and the text is slanted in places, and verticle in others depending on the shape of the line.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I assume precise post. Expressly the designation attracted me to review the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about technology, and how integrated it has become to our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of copying our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://cid-2602f0e287041cef.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2602F0E287041CEF!106.entry]nintendo dsi r4i[/url] DS NetPostv2)

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats afar to you send, choice look progressive in the direction of more cognate articles soon as its one of my favourite issue to read.

Anonymous said...

Interesting post you got here. It would be great to read more about this theme. The only thing this blog needs is some pictures of some gizmos.

Kate Kripke
signal jammers

Anonymous said...

Wonderful bit of copy I must say. Well authored and intensely valuable, thanks!