About Me

My photo
This is my 2nd semester at George Mason, I am a seinor and graduate in Fall '08. I have been back in VA for 2 1/2 yrs and now live in Manassas, before that I lived and went to school in Seattle, Washignton for 2 yrs. I am originally from Haymarket, VA. After I graduate hopefully I will be outta here again! :)

Monday, October 27, 2008

Map Festival

While the Map Exhibit in Baltimore was a while ago, I will do my best to remember things about it. I am not super into maps, well I wasn’t at first, but I am more so now than I was before GEOG 310.  It was cool to see maps made of so many things like a glove, and clay tablets. I have seen clay tablet maps in the movie, but it is WAY different when you see it in person, doesn’t look the same at all… that’s also probably because in the movies they aren’t real. It was nice that it was only so crowded, it could have been worse if they didn’t only a certain number of people in at a time. Like others have said it was cool to see maps that we have seen in books, like the Cholera Map.

It would have been cool to get pictures of the exhibit, but they didn’t allow pictures from what I remember. But I can see why they wouldn’t. The exhibit wasn’t as big as I thought it would be, I remember thinking it was only a few rooms, and they had to be hiding more somewhere else!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any recommendations?

Here is my homepage :: summer internship